   Re: [xml-dev] re: The J2ME pseudo-XML botch

Sean McGrath wrote:
> [Tim Bray]
>  >It's OK to define a custom language for your own purposes, but it's
> not OK at all to use the term "XML" in
>  >describing it;
>
> Interesting.
>
> Basically every XML editor/ETL/database loader I have ever come across
> is non-conformant to
> the XML 1.0 specification in some way or other.
>
> The world is full of "xml parsers" that only support bits of XML 1.0.

Etc... there's a word for these situations: "bugs".  Bugs are a fact of
life and we fix them and deal with them.  When someone writes a
specification for a potentially-very-important software library and
writes the bug into the definition, that's a different level of
seriousness. -Tim