   Re: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

[Karl Waclawek]

> Now I am getting even more dissatisfied. In addition to genericity
> I also want continuations in Delphi/Java/C#/C++. (it's probably possible
> in C++, but I am no expert in it). ;-)

"Stackless Python" has continuations, and the latest versions of standard
Python have generators, which are said to give you most of the capabilities
of continuations without having to do major surgery to the language guts.
Uche Ogbuji posted some info (on the PyXML list, I think it was) where using
a Python generator was dramatically faster than doing the same thing in a
more conventional way (this was a kind of tree walking in a recursive
manner, as I recall).

Cheers,

Tom P