   re: [xml-dev] OT: client vs. server-side validation (was: Are the data u

K. Ari Krupnikov writes:

 > I keep hearing it... Have you actually seen this exploited? Don't
 > implicate yourself, if you had a *friend* who did, that should be
 > enough to satisfy my curiosity.

With the DMCA in the U.S., it's hard to know what might be illegal,
but it might be possible to test this in good faith by entering a
slightly higher amount rather than a slightly lower one -- at least no
one could accuse you of benefiting from the experiment.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be dim enough to rely on a
price in a hidden field on an HTML page, but then, I've seen a lot
that's hard to believe during my past few years of consulting.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, david@megginson.com, http://www.megginson.com/