   Call for information about XML-Fragments

Dear Sirs,
I would like to know what point XML Fragment Interchange W3C Candidate
Recommendation (issued on the 12th of February 2001) has got.
All that I can find on the Web are documents dating back at a time not later
than early 2001 (in particular, nothing later than the above-mentioned W3C
Candidate Recommendation you cand read at www.w3.org/TR/xml-fragment).
I would like to know if this Candidate Recommendation is going to be issued
as
a Recommendation or if the needs, that the Candidate Recommendation meant to
meet, match better with other W3C Recommendations, Candidate Recommendations
or Working Drafts.

To speak more in general terms, I would like to know if there are
Recommendations, Working Drafts, tools, wherewith you can manage to transmit
to a recipient well-formed fragments or snippets of XML code, originated from
a relational database only as fragments (i.e. without forming at first a
single well-formed and valid XML document), in order to combine subsequently
the fragments to create a well-formed and valid XML document (in particular,
note that some fragments have to contain the markup code of nodes which are
children of other nodes , described in their turn in other fragments sent to
the recipent indipendently of their children).

I wonder if XSLT has become so developed as to meet perfectly these
requirements.

I thank in advance whoever will send me some information on this subject.

Yours faithfully

MASSIMILIANO GRANDI