   Re: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

Bill de hÓra scripsit:

> I'm not exagerrating. And what you're saying is irrelevant. XML
> documents without an xmlms attribute on the root doesn't have a
> meaningful XML Infoset. I'll stick my neck and say most XML
> documents are not namespaced.

This is not the case.  A document that doesn't use namespaces at all
certainly does have an infoset.  The only well-formed XML documents
that don't have infosets are ones that use xmlns or xmlns:* attributes
in ways *contrary* to Namespaces in XML.

"Xmlms" for "xmlns" is an interesting slip....

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There