   pure XML syntax tools

mc@xegesis.org (Mike Champion) writes:
>I'm sure there's a few thousand people out there who would be happy
>users of pure syntax XML tools such as SAX,

Hmm... SAX may be close to the document, but it's certainly not a "pure
XML syntax tool" unless perhaps the Infoset is as well.

See, for example, Appendix B of David Brownell's _SAX2_, which is a
direct comparison of the SAX2 API to the various items in the Infoset.
Not a perfect match, but the flavors are clearly similar.

(I'm working on an API that's basically strings + context.  I'm not even
sure that will qualify as a pure XML syntax tool, but we'll see.
Time... need time!)

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!