   Re: [xml-dev] Parsing efficiency? - why not 'compile'????

> http://www.alaric-snell.com/xml-dev-threads.html#binxml
>
> Any volunteers, in the meantime? :-) I'm pro-binxml, so will need an
> anti-binxml viewpoint to balance...

I am not sure I can give you such a view-point.

For me, the main question where I have difficulty is to decide
what the difference would be other than loosing human readability.

Let's assume we would have had a binary XML specification from
the beginning, everything basically the same, just binary streaming format,
but same Infoset, same APIs for reporting XML content.
What would be the difference? For the programmer? For the platforms?

Karl