   Re: [xml-dev] collisions (was The subsetting has begun)

Simon St.Laurent scripsit:

> Here's an abbreviated bit of a Tinderbox file:

I don't see much to be done about this, except to nest the "attrib" elements
rather than having an explicit "parent" attribute.  The code that generated
"don't sort" is obviously over-conservative, and anyway that's a silly
representation: "none" would have been better.

> OS X has lots of .plist files hidden in packages:

"Anything you can do, I can do 'meta' ..."

> And JXTA messages:

Well, obviously this one is just a wrapper.  It's interesting that the
DOCTYPE declares neither an internal nor an external subset, and so is
useless.

--
John Cowan                              <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com