   RE: [xml-dev] Parsing efficiency? - why not 'compile'????

>I'm shocked that not everyone reads every word of these permathreads!

It's that left-over eye nystagmus onset before 45 degrees thing.

>... remember what happened when
>XML forked off SGML .... the fork-ee took all the mindshare with it.

There is still a lot of mind to go around, and as I said,
some XML applications probably should be SGML applications
(they need the flexibility) but when one is sharing a mind,
like sharing an eye, there is only one point of view.  Ask
the Fates if the Swan song of generalized markup has yet
to be sung by the Gray Sisters.  Personally, I plan to
ask the permission of the Horae before I ask for entry
to markup heaven; otherwise, it's back to dealing with
the Kindly Ones not being an Immortal myself.

Ah.. the barking of the Keres keeps these permathreads
just one clip away from Atropos.

Perseus