   RE: [xml-dev] On permathreads

>My plan is to summarise the points and counterpoints, so when somebody
>brings
>up a permathread, we can just post a URL.

Are you then going to mirror  all instances of the new thread at the
permathread url?
If a new permathread subject arises (not sure what the chances are of
that) you will need to do work to summarize etc. all past points and
counterpoints. Just seems like a lot of work for one man.

See what I'd like to see is some sort of socially managed way of
identifying permathreads so that individuals with interest in them or in
particular ones can then set up a system for working with them. I'm not
particularly interested in permathreads myself other than as a problem
in management, the reason why I'd like to see something attempted at
xml-dev at communal management of the permathreads is that I think a
complicated process such as this would be should be tested in an
environment most conducive to its success first - if it can succeed then
one can start testing it to failure.

Of course it might be that no one is particularly interested in the
subject, and my admittedly poor way of describing how I saw such a
process working probably doesn't help.