   RE: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

I'm an advocate of subsetting.  I think Common XML got it right on
features, including the restriction on Namespaces.  The question becomes
how does this subset relate to other XML recommendations, including
future ones.  I think it will be easier for parser writers to support
the infoset, xml:base, etc.  In fact, some specs probably ought to be
based on this subset (Canonical XML comes to mind). I really don't see a
big difference between Common XML, XML-SW, or the subset chosen by the
SOAP folks.