   RE: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

It could coexist.  Registered prefixes could be handled as colonized names
by parser with namespace awareness turned off.  There would have to be some
convention to denote a registered prefix, and there has to be a well-known
server (though it doesn't necessarily have to be accessed during parsing).

Industry adoption is another matter.  The phrase "not in my lifetime"
springs to mind.  Still, I had to spout.

> If it counts to anything, what I dislike about namespaces is
> that there
> is no formally accepted relationships between (e.g.)
>
> http://www.mydomain.com/ns/base/
> http://www.mydomain.com/ns/base/module1
> http://www.mydomain.com/ns/base/module1/submodule
>
> as a way to organize vocabulary modules.

This could be handled by an appropriate registry structure, but now feature
creep is setting in.

> Another missing part is a formal scheme for URI versioning...

Another feature request.   Hmmm... maybe these features could be layered on
top?