   Re: [xml-dev] Tree v. Table - A relational XML object model...?

Gregory Murphy scripsit:

> I've given no thought to how one might handle entities, CDATA marked
> sections, DOCTYPE declarations, DOCTYPE subset, and probably a dozen other
> things.

Most of those things aren't represented in SAX anyway.  But what this model
(which I otherwise like very much) absolutely boots on is mixed content:
it simply can't represent it at all, and an incoming document with mixed
content has to be rejected altogether.

Mixed content is IMHO the greatest challenge to anyone wanting to represent
XML in a linearized way.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There