   Re: [xml-dev] The supersetting has begun [Was Re: Opaque data, XML, and

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 4:09 PM +0100 2/27/03, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> The PSVI is one kind of Infoset.
>
> Actrually, I don't think so. A PSVI is not one kind of Infoset, at least
> if by Infoset you're referring to the thing described by the XML
> Information Set specification. A PSVI includes an Infoset but there's
> more to it than that, specifically types and validity information. By
> analogy, a laptop computer is not a kind of CPU even though it contains
> a CPU. A PSVI is not a kind of infoset  even though it contains an Infoset.

A Christmas tree is still a tree, even under a load of kitsh. A duck is still a
duck, even when its cooked and doesn't quack like a duck anymore. I'm not sure
there's much value in this debate...

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/