   Re: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 09:38 am, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> I agree that less needs to be in the subset
> and it really needs to be a subset, not a
> wholesale restart on the core, but
> it represents a point of view and from
> people who took on the task before.

Sure, as a platform for debate, XML-SW is a fine starting point. I think there
are probably a few other such platforms too: CommonXML being one, and XML-SW
minus all the bits I discussed could be another. FWIW. Both you and I
participated in the early XML efforts, as did a fairly significant set of
other people. That alone doesn't buy credibility.

> It is worth looking at because it mirrors
> positions about what a core should be that
> will have to be dealt with sooner or later.

Yes. We've already seen that it's somewhat contentious as it stands.