   Re: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> Thank you for writing this, as it is a clearer expression of the situation
> than I've been able to express myself.  This message makes nicely clear
> how publish/message are distinct from document/data.

Let me second Simon's praise for your pithy formulation. May I also stress
how important it is to recognize that messaging is inherently closed-world
(to the set of those accepting its cartelized agreements) while publishing
recognizes that it has no control (and may have no knowledge of) derivative
works downstream.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry