   RE: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

> <Quote>
> and thereby eliminate namespace scope and namespace
> forwarding issues.
> </Quote>
>
> 2 questions please:
>
> (1) What are "namespace scope issues"? Namespace scoping is a very
> useful feature, similar to scoping of variables.

Sorry, I was referring to what is correctly called (I hope) namespace
(prefix) declaration scope issues.  Namespace scoping of XML types are
entirely useful, although knowing what the scope encompasses is not
determinable given the current mechanism.

> (2) What are "namespace forwarding issues"?

Namespace information (URI, prefix associations) that have to packaged up
prior to sending document fragments forward in the processing chain (which
may then have to reformulate them into new namespace declarations on
output).  By eliminating default namespace declarations, and using
registered prefixes,  the prefix+local name is all the information you need.