   Re: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:02:51PM -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Actually, no - I see "namespace scope issues" as a monkeywrench thrown
> into the heart of XML, causing at least as many problems as they
> purportedly solve.  Definitely enough cause to be sarcastic about "it's
> a feature not a bug."

  So you want to ban any Jabber like processing of XML by forcing the
universe of vocabularies usable in an instance to be known at the
time and by the framework where you emit the root opening tag ?
  I think I disagree. Even if it would clearly be simpler, it would be
a problem in a number of cases, XSLT and Jabber being prime examples.

Daniel