   Re: [xml-dev] Doing Web services right

martin@hack.org writes:
>sometimes it makes SOAP a great idea. I've recently designed a ws
>where the user sends us a large set of structured data called a
>'contract', which we process and make available when the client logs
>into our web site. to the user, who already has all this data
>available on his/her backoffice system, pressing a button sure beats
>filling out an endless series of html forms for every contract. for
>us, we get data that we can validate and feed almost straight into the
>XML infrastructure of our backend. all without compromising on
>security or resilience. to me, that's good technology.

Do you actually need SOAP for any of that?  If all you're sending is
contracts, it doesn't seem like you need more than XML+HTTP.  Perhaps
you just find SOAP toolkits convenient?

Perhaps it's rude to ask, but how exactly are you avoiding "compromise
on security" with SOAP?

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!