   Re: [xml-dev] FW: Tim Bray "Let's Move XML-DEV"

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:51:35 -0500, Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
wrote:

BTW, I should have copied Karl Best on the messages I forwarded from Tim
and Lauren.  I thought about it but was basically feeling too
lazy/otherwise occupied to look up his address, and I apologize!

> If this level of attention and resource isn't sufficient for what all of
> you are expecting then it may be a good idea for you to see who else may
> be able to give it high priority. I'm not chasing you away, just letting
> you know that we can't provide the world for you.

The major complaint seems to be about the software used to run/archive the
list.  I wonder if OASIS runs other mailing lists on this software?  If so,
is xml-dev the only group that complains?  If not, might it be
possible/economically feasible to move xml-dev to another system?

In my humble and not-speaking-from-real-experience opinion, it should be
possible to run a mailing list such as this without much human
intervention, given modern software.