   Re: [xml-dev] Moving the list

Steve Boyce wrote:

>Just to add my 2 cents as a long-time lurker here (primarily just to support Len's comments):
>
>-   Will someone who is dead keen to take the list on today necessarily be so keen to support it in 1 year - 2 years - 3 years?  Will they even still exist?
>
>- Has the (free) OASIS support really been so deficient in comparison to the alternatives?
>
>As to voting about leaving OASIS - this seems meaningless to me without a fully evaluated alternative to compare it with.
>
>Steve

I agree with these points. As others have said, moving a
long-established list is a very difficult and process. It'll certainly
involve cooperation from OASIS to avoid fragmenting the list.

I've been on the list for 2.5 years and haven't experienced any
significant problems. It seems a little hasty to move the list now just
because a few members (very important members, but still just a few)
have experienced some difficulties. This is especially true with the
active cooperation we now seem to be getting from OASIS. As far as I'm
concerned the ideal solution is to work with the OASIS people to correct
the problems with the list. If they're unable to get these corrected in
a reasonable period of time, or get so fed up with our demands that they
tell us to go, then we'll have justification for the move.

   - Dennis

P.S. Am I the only one who sees an uncanny parallel between this blowup
and current world events? I feel like Canada.