   Re: [xml-dev] Moving the list

At 12:34 PM 3/13/2003 -0500, Karl Best wrote:
>That said, the simplest solution is what I have already suggested a number
>of times: notify us when there's a problem so that we can address it,
>rather than complaining to the list about how bad a job we're doing. With
>a little cooperation from the list subscribers we can keep things running
>pretty well with limited resources.

I manage a number of mailing lists in a rather "hands off" mode. While I am
the list owner, I appoint about three chairs for each list, and let them do
most of the day-to-day work. I don't employ these people, they are just
list members whom I respect and trust. The administrative interfaces for
mailing lists are pretty straightforward these days. And there are systems
people we can turn to if there's a problem.

Why can't OASIS do something like that? It would be nice to have someone
involved in running the list who is in touch enough to know whether things
are working or not. The chairs fill that role nicely.

Jonathan