   RE: [xml-dev] Moving the list

From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]

>There are other places that do seem to recognize the value of this list
>as value to them, and I recommend strongly that the list have a home
>where it is valued and its maintenance is considered important.  That
>doesn't seem like a particularly revolutionary statement.

It isn't.  My point was to document that
XML-Dev does have value to the OASIS membership.

There are no guarantees that a move will change
anything but the subscription source.  I do
think the move will be a body blow to the
credibility of OASIS, one that may not be
felt immediately, but will be felt.  OASIS
provides value to the web community at large.
It is the organization founded by members of
the markup community, not the bigcos.  So
it has a certain heritage and that has value.
What value is there in injuring it if most
of this problem is either technical and
can be fixed, or hurt pride and can heal.

If a move is needed, let it be deliberate
and well-thought through.

len