   RE: [xml-dev] Moving the list

clbullar@ingr.com (Bullard, Claude L (Len)) writes:
>It isn't.  My point was to document that
>XML-Dev does have value to the OASIS membership.

If they don't value it, it has no value. If the members value it but
don't communicate that valuing to the organization, it does us no good.

I don't think a move would be "a body blow to the credibility of OASIS".
Their credibility doesn't seem to rest on their position as keepers of
xml-dev in any way that I can discern.  If anything, the comments I've
heard from people who deal with OASIS in other contexts suggest surprise
that OASIS has an affiliation with xml-dev at all.

I've liked OASIS for a number of years, largely thanks to its support
for and openness on projects that I've personally found valuable, as
well its willingness to have individual members. They've been brave to
take on some of those projects and by doing so have kept developer
options open. I'm delighted that they've supported Robin Cover's work.
They've done a lot of good work over the years and I hope they'll do
more good work in the future.  If xml-dev moves, I hope the parting will
be amicable.

That said, it feels like it's time to part.  The priorities are very
different, as is the membership.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!