   Re: [xml-dev] Moving the list

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Len, the problem isn't whether we provide value.  I firmly believe in
> the value of this list, and even people who complain about it regularly
> seem to believe in its value.  (Actually, the more they complain, the
> more they seem to value it.  Odd paradox.)
>
> The problem is whether OASIS values this list enough to support it
> technically and regularly.  I think Karl answered that with a resounding
> "NO" in his message.

Well, not really. I believe that the list is an important industry
resource. OASIS values the list; otherwise we would not have hosted it
for the past three years. But this list must necesarily be a bit lower
on the priority scale than our member activities. Given finite resources
we must provide services to our members first.

That said, the simplest solution is what I have already suggested a
number of times: notify us when there's a problem so that we can address
it, rather than complaining to the list about how bad a job we're doing.
With a little cooperation from the list subscribers we can keep things
running pretty well with limited resources.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org