   Re: [xml-dev] XML-DEV Directors

In a message dated 15/03/2003 11:17:52 GMT Standard Time, donpark@docuverse.com writes:

I believe in democracy, but direct democracy is difficult even with today's
technology.  I fear we'll never reach a consensus that entire XML-DEV will
be happy with nor accept.  When Peter and Henry were running XML-DEV, they
made these types of decisions for us with our best interests in mind and we
accepted their decisions.  We lost our guardians when OASIS took over from
Peter and Henry.  Without such guardians, we will continue to drift and
stagnate.

Don,

Can you expand on this sense you seem to have that XML-Dev is drifting and stagnating?

You seem to be suggesting that there is a more fundamental problem with this list than occasional difficulties with subscriptions.

Andrew Watt