   Re: [xml-dev] xml-dev archives facelift

[Stefano Debenedetti]> K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:
> > Dunno. That page still crashes my Netscape (4.76, Linux).
>
> Really? Strange...
>
> (5 seconds later, on the phone with the development department)
> "ouch, quick, let's rewrite the XML+CSS site in HTML, there's still one
4.x user left..."

> ;-) sorry couldn't help congratulating this display of pain-taking
capabilities...

[Stefano Debenedetti]

> K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:
> > Dunno. That page still crashes my Netscape (4.76, Linux).
>
> Really? Strange...
>
> (5 seconds later, on the phone with the development department)
> "ouch, quick, let's rewrite the XML+CSS site in HTML, there's still one
4.x user left..."

> ;-) sorry couldn't help congratulating this display of pain-taking
capabilities...

FWIW, Tidy finds a number of errors in the archive HTML page that was linked
to a few posts back.  Things like missing <LI>s and </UL>s, for instance.

When I let Tidy fix the errors, it works on my Netscape 4.76 (Windows) -
before fixing it crashed on my system too.

So only a few things to fix up, but they may be too buried in the code to
make it easy...

Cheers,

Tom P