   Re: [xml-dev] XML Resources & tools for XML database project?

Chris, an additional thought:

You may want to track the progress of Microsoft's InfoPath (formerly
called Xdocs). Infoworld featured a review Friday of InfoPath 2003, Beta
2 [1]. Regarding your "archiving components" reference, the following
point is made within the "Ten things to know about Xdocs" link in the
article:

<Point>
6. You can use it online or offline.

When you're online, you can request an InfoPath document from a Web
server and post changes back to that server. When offline, your InfoPath
document (i.e., a package of XML data, schema, and layout information)
lives in a .CAB (Cabinet) file that you can use locally.
</Point>

Hope that helps,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

[1] http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/03/28/13infopath_1.html?s=tc

Chris Baker wrote:

> Can anyone suggest some resource sites, tools or some good tutorials to
> start learning XML?  I am wanting to create an XML database using HTML
> forms to write into XML code or text to store links and images, then
> make a searchable query tool for web users to find what they need.  I
> really could use a tool as I am very new to the XML language.  Has
> anyone else tried a project similar to this?
>
> I believe it's called Archiving components by writing it to an output
> stream in a form that you can reuse later. Then I can recall it using
> its saved parameters.  I am just not sure how to go about starting this
> and do not want to waste time going down a wrong path.
>
> Looking forward to everyones comments, suggestions and links.
>
> --
>     Best Regards,
> Chris Baker
>
> Web Developer
> 800.284.7862 x 231
> Fax: (318) 865.8324
> CAB@casaic.com <mailto:cab@casaic.com>
>
> <http://www.casaic.com>

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano