   RE: [xml-dev] If XML is too hard for a programmer, perhaps he'd b e

joshuaa@microsoft.com (Joshua Allen) writes:
>I think this issue has nothing to do with CDATA.  What you are really
>saying is that you want to extract a text node, and then parse that
>text node as XML (and then that XML may even have text nodes which you
>then wish to process as XML).

No, the problem is that I don't have control over the downstream
processing, and I have cases (entity reference expansion) where I don't
want the full normalization that results from parsing the document and
reserializing the results of the parse.

>If you know how to spin up your parser of choice using a file as
>source, you *must* know how to spin up a parser over a text node?

Yes, I'm aware of that.  That isn't the right answer here.

The best answer is an export option in Microsoft Access that says
"please export this field as markup".  The next best option is me
writing code that fixes the markup Access generates.  Failing that,
options include bypassing the Access XML export mechanism entirely, or
bypassing Access entirely.

Right now, automating the fixing the markup seems like the right answer,
as well as the most easily reusable answer.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!