   Re: [xml-dev] XSD validation

ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:
>Thanks for the plug.  It's worth noting that handing a schema document
>to XSV will check whether or not it conforms to the schema for schema
>documents, but that's _all_ it will check.  If it fails that test, you
>know you need to fix something.  However, it may pass that test, and
>still not correspond to a conformant schema, because that requires
>more than just valid syntax.

That simple functionality has been enough to keep me from knocking my
head against a wall (or a faulty implementation) a few times already -
especially since I'm writing in RELAX NG Compact Syntax and using Trang
for the conversions.  The free and open source tools in this area are
quite amazing.

>A tool which in my opinion does a pretty thorough job of checking
>schema documents is IBM's SQC (Schema Quality Checker).  There's a
>pointer to that, and lots of other free and not-so-free tools, on the
>W3C XML Schema home page [1].

Cool.

--
Simon St.Laurent