   RE: [xml-dev] What are people using SVG for?

one project i am working on at the moment is to present document text in a
family tree fashion [i.e. in a diagram]

problem is military documents... in one section, rather than a listing...
they want a listing of parent documents/this document/child documents
presented as a family tree [a tree diagram with doc ids and description
within each box]

the solution is to transform sgml [and sgml is the starting point] document
via XSLT to FO, then on to PDF.  the document is multi sections, only one
section is the diagram.  svg seems to be the only straightforward way of
embedding the diagram in the document.

the svg is pretty simple, the text in the boxes is straightforward [except
for a description which presents the problem of text wrapping] and
conditional processing to handle from 1 to many parents/children.

hence the problem is not earth shaking.. but using svg seems to be a fairly
elegant way of achieving the desired result.

cheers...hugh

W. Hugh Chatfield  I.S.P.
CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
XML Consulting & Training