   Re: What should be open/free? (Was: Low-end Office 11 won't douser...

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:24:06 EDT
AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

> Likely answer, among others, is that we gain value by doing so. It is,
> perhaps, quicker or easier or more efficient or whatever to use MS software
> for purpose X.

What do we pay the license money for, if not for this gain in value?
Why should our data be owned by the company whom we've already paid?
One would travel in a Merc because it can take one from point A to
point B in comfort and class. But the interiors were designed by DC,
right? So does that mean that the interiors and occupants are partly
owned by DC? I'm amused!

--
Tahir Hashmi
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir