   RE: [xml-dev] InfoPath, OpenOffice, XForms (Was: Low-end Office 1 1won't

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 14:17, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> I agree that even the home office tools should be XML-capable.

> So after everyone gets their licks in on MS, perhaps with some
> more information, we can make some sensible suggestions about
> which of these capabilities belong in the upper-tier products
> and which should come with Office for any user.

Well, I'll list my wife's garden journal as the first stake in the
ground. We've got it working in XMetal, and I don't expect it would be
any less work to set up in Word, but she ought to be able to use the
version of Word that would get bundled on the small business box sold to
a plant nursery. While I'm on the subject, I'll take another gratuitous
swipe at the brain-damaged CSS implementation in IE. Mozilla takes the
xml straight and CSS's it. For IE I had to create an XSLT as well as the
CSS. I always like to do more work because a vendor doesn't implement a
spec correctly.

Frank