   Re: [xml-dev] XML is stuff for the enterprise only

I was just in conversation with a former co-worker about this;
he has an in-hand solution based on version-controlled XML
for a requirements process.

As a test engineer, he had a need for requirements
document info, and met it by converting to XML
in a process that was very open to all the participants.
Yet, having demonstrated the viability of the approach
and having raised the level of awareness such that
stakeholders are now conscious that the problems are
there and have been solved, some stakeholders are
still asking "how can we solve these problems" ?

Reason tells me that perceptions and buy-in are important.
But when your most important tool is your own self-interest
even a ready made solution may look like a wheel to reinvent.

- Mitch