   Re: [xml-dev] What are people using SVG for?

At 19:53 15/04/2003 -0400, Thomas B. Passin wrote:

>I realize that it is not obvious how do know when to allow something to
>scale and when not to, and there are plenty of cases where you would want to
>scale the entir drawing, fonts and all.  But type is a special case, and it
>ought to be possible to say what font size you want and by Jove to get it.

[Note the tense used there? Its the authors viewpoint.]

One argument against that Thomas.
The partially sighted SVG user.
    Can't hack anything less than 16/18/22 point.
    Accepts that with his/her vision she'll have to pan a bit (OK a lot)
    but  sure as hell will throw away the SVG if given 10 point.

Accept that if you want the information conveyed,
some aspects may be screwed from your perspective.

I'd guess you'd want to get the information over more
than you'd want it looking pretty?

regards DaveP