   Re: [xml-dev] What is XML's appropriate place in an office suite?

In a message dated 18/04/2003 16:34:05 GMT Daylight Time, frank@therichards.org writes:

John Cowan has already brought up this point, but I just have to ask:
Did you crib this from the GNU Manifesto?

Frank,

No. Never read it as far as I recall.

I'll even risk a baseball
metaphor (just reword it for cricket.)

Always risky. You Americans say things like, "I could care less" when what (I think) you mean is "I couldn't care less". How are us poor Brits supposed to understood what you do mean sometimes. :)

> This is a straight slow pitch at the plate,

In cricket the slower ball is a key part of the fast bowler's armoury.

and Richard Stallman is standing there to
knock it out of the park.

<joke_for_brits_only>I thought Tony Blair was the guy who runs GNU Labour. :) </joke_for_brits_only>

What I guess you are saying is that Richard Stallman could (or has) put forward a counter argument to the point I made and that you find his counter argument compelling.

Richard Stallman may be less than entirely objective about matters like this. :)

Andrew Watt