   Re: [xml-dev] Just say 'mu' to namespace URIs (was Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 05:04:36AM +0000, Arjun Ray wrote:
> John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
> | Arjun Ray scripsit:
> |
> | > King Canute has always been a role model at the W3C.
> |
> | ObMemeSquashing:  Canute told the tide to stop coming in as an object
> | lesson to his courtiers, who had been treating him as divine.  He knew
> | damned well it wasn't going to obey him.
>
> A lesson for the W3C, then! ;-)

I think the W3C Team is pretty well aware that we generally depend on
others to implement specifications that we publish.  Or maybe you mean
the lesson is that we need to *demonstrate* that we are not divine! :)

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C XML Activity Lead, liam@w3.org, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/