   Re: [xml-dev] One (jaundiced?) view of Microsoft's vision for XML

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 09:37, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

> Are you implying that InfoPath is vapourware?
>
> I have InfoPath beta installed on the computer I am typing this on and
> think it has a great deal of potential.
>
> In what sense were you using the term vapourware?

Andrew (and Dare),

I have the Office 11 beta installed, and I think the XML capabilities
are both cool and technically impressive. However, since Microsoft is
effectively making them an extra cost option, the vision of generally
available XML editing that was presented in Baltimore turns out to be
never-to-be-delivered vaporware.

Given that very recent track record, I think Rick is more than justified
in calling any Microsoft announcement vaporware until you can actually
find it on the shelf at your local dealer.

Frank