Re: [xml-dev] One (jaundiced?) view of Microsoft's vision for XML

In a message dated 15/05/2003 15:09:04 GMT Daylight Time, ricko@allette.com.au writes:

Unfortunately my IE won't read the FAQ under that URL: it keeps getting multiple runtime errors
everytime I move my mouse over the FAQ questions. I had to kill it.

So I could not tell what the FAQ entry "When will Infopath be available?" said.  (Is MS deliberately
trying to block its own browsers now?  That doesn't seem right. ) Fortunately, I can read that
page with Mozilla where it says "Microsoft expects to make InfoPath available in the middle
of 2003."

Is that still correct?

Rick,

Presumably IE is punishing you for daring to suggest that InfoPath is vapourware. <grin/>

As far as I understand it all of Office System is a little delayed - until Autumn 2003. October?? There will be a "refresh beta" (if I have the jargon correct) i.e. another partial beta round, I think.

Andrew Watt