   Re: [xml-dev] Emergent Markup Languages

donpark@docuverse.com (Don Park) writes:
>You guys and gals might find this interesting:
>
>  http://www.docuverse.com/blog/donpark/2003/05/15.html#a489

Hmmm... we seem to be on similar pages:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3191

"Tim O'Reilly emphasizes Paul Graham's observations on a sketching mode
for programming. One of my favorite aspects of XML - and markup, more
generally - is that it allows a similar improvisation process for data
structures... Perhaps my favorite aspect of XML is that the option of
doing your own thing is always available, even after a committee has
done its work. If you find a particular language rule-bound and
contrary, you can use its rules to tranform its content (with XSLT or
equivalent) into your own favorite flavor. Exposing the data and its
structures gives everyone a chance to make it their own, and talk back
in a language other systems can understand."

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!