   Re: [xml-dev] Looking for an example of a name colliision

Absent a context--specifically a syntactic instance of XML (a document)--these
apparent isonyms can be said to collide only at the level of universal names.
Since the scope of XML names is by definition constrained to a document,
collision on the universal plane (if such collision might occur at all, or
indeed if such a plane might even be identified with reference to the
definition of XML) is utterly outside both the realm of Bill de hÓra's
question and indeed outside of those questions of naming which can be framed
within the defined terms of XML. Indeed, Bill de hÓra has already directly
addressed your example with his parsing of 'title' into the three occurrences
of markup in which it appears in the Namespaces Rec example.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry