   Re: [xml-dev] Doc vs. Data

From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>

> I do agree that mixed content is the  probably the most relevant
> differentiator between data-centric & document-centric uses of XML.

I think mixed content also entails some other things:
  * a presumption that data and elements are ordered,
  * a presumption that tags delimit ranges within some larger text stream
   rather than independent atoms of information.
These presumptions then require some syntactic form for better
representing information items that are not mutually ordered and do contain
atoms rather than ranges: hence attribute syntax.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe