which form of normalization they had used, too.

From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com>

> On the contrary, charmod, as I read it, expressly says that users are
> required to ensure that all strings are normalized, and expressly
> prohibits anyone from providing text processing software to help users
> perform this task.

It is the basic law of interpreting specifications that when faced with a silly
interpretation and a sensible one, you pick the sensible one: "Don't panic,
Private Godfrey!"  The idea that Charmod bans anyone from providing
text-processing software to help fix problems is so silly it is seems obstinate.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe