   Re: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

Hi,

Just back from holiday and catching up with XML-Dev, I noticed:

Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> My judgement is heavily based on Jeni Tennison's talk at XML Europe
> 2003 [1].
>
> She could elaborate better than me and said for instance:
>
> * "Easy to get errors from a stylesheet unless you're rigorous in
> keeping track of types"
> * "Using schemas/types well will make things easier; not using them
> will make things harder"

I'll be expanding on these observations in my talk at Extreme Markup
Languages 2003 in Montreal this August, which is specifically about
the hoops XSLT authors have to jump through when using a Basic XSLT
2.0 processor (i.e. one that doesn't support the typing of nodes) due
to strong typing in XPath 2.0.

Cheers,

Jeni

> [1] http://www.jenitennison.com/xmleurope/WhatsNewInXSLT2.0.ppt