   Re: [xml-dev] How important are CDATA sections?

gustaf.liljegren@bredband.net (Gustaf Liljegren) writes:
>As XML evolves, I'd be happy to see CDATA disappear. XML doesn't need
>any syntax constructs only for the sake of convenience. That's what we
>have XML editors for.

That's an attitude I'd like to see disappear completely from the earth.

If it was all about the editors, I'm sure we'd all be working in ASN.1
or some similar opaque and highly-efficient binary dialect.  I do about
97% of my XML work in text editors of various flavors, and don't want
someone else's idea of what an editor should do to get in my way.

(Topologi's the only editor I actually find useful as an XML editor,
largely because it's a text editor with a few extra features that help
me get work done.  It doesn't scramble my CDATA sections or any of my
other "syntax constructs", for which I'm grateful.)

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!