   Re: [xml-dev] Dev tools question ...

> ladies & gents ... I've been using a free editor for XML dev, but my
> projects are getting to the point where I will need to start looking at
> commercial dev tools.  Other than XMLspy, XMetaL, and TurboXML, are there
> any other good ones out there?  What do you use?

I think it really depends on the type of XML development you do. There are
tools that specialize in different XML aspects, such as Schema development,
Stylesheet development, general XML development, XSLFO development, etc.
Some tools are full-blown IDEs that try to do it all. Some specialize in the
different aspects and let you pick/choose your tools and your price. SysOnyx
Inc. follows the later philosophy, offering specialized tools and letting
the user pick which product they need. We have a tool for Schema editing
(xmlArchitect), XSL mapping (xmlCartographer), and our simple XML editor is
called xmlHack. It's basically a text editor with some XML features. It's a
simple, fast tool that focuses on general XML usage. Check it out at
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmlhack .

--
Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)