   Re: [xml-dev] How important are CDATA sections?

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>If it was all about the editors, I'm sure we'd all be working in ASN.1
>or some similar opaque and highly-efficient binary dialect.  I do about
>97% of my XML work in text editors of various flavors, and don't want
>someone else's idea of what an editor should do to get in my way.

It may seem I use XML editors a lot. I do use XML editors for documents.
For all other tasks however, I use a plain text editor. It's just that when
you need a CDATA section, you're probably writing a document -- you're not
fiddling with code. And when you're writing a document, you're probably
working in an XML editor. If not, you're doing things the unusal way. And I
question the necessity of a construct which is made for unusual
circumstances, in an otherwise minimal syntax.

Gustaf