   Re: [xml-dev] Handling of significant whitespace in .NET XmlReade r

I wrote

> But since I failed to reproduce this now, I'll have to eat my words and
> confirm that
>
> > Xslt should still
> > be acting like there was a single space there

I ate my words too soon.
If you have a _really_ trivial stylesheet that does copy the entire
document in a single operation then your magic spaces do appear in the
output, but if you do the usual thing of having an "identity template"
that walks the tree, they go.

ie.xml:
=======
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="ie.xsl"?>

ie.xsl:
======

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">