From: Shen Xu [mailto:xushen@redstar.cs.pdx.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 1:07 PM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] XML Schema in JAXP1.2

Hi,

Does anybody have experiences with JAXP1.2?

I am trying to valiidate an instance XML doc according to an XML Schema
using JAXP1.2 .  According to the documentation, JAXP1.2 is supposed to
support XML Schema. However, I always got the error like "attributes are
not implemented", when I tried to set any XML Schema such as:

try {
  factory.setAttribute(JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE, W3C_XML_SCHEMA);
}
catch (IllegalArgumentException x) {
  // Happens if the parser does not support JAXP 1.2
}

I installed both J2SE1.4.2 and JWSDP1.2, and I am using NetBeans to
develop my programs.

Do I need to do any further configurations?

Thanks.

Shen