   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT vs. CSS (Re: Indexing)

Simon St.Laurent said:
> At 04:58 PM 7/8/2003 +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
>>Perhaps. But as Thomas is saying/implying.
>>the real winners are those who use both?
>>  CSS is crap at some things XSLT is good at.
>>  XSLT is crap at some things CSS does well.
>
> Wouldn't it be pretty to think so?
>
> For people with the time to learn both, and in cases where
> implementations  of both are available, that's true.  For the rest of
> us (most of us?) they  compete for attention and certainly for
> implementation.

I like to use (and use to teach) both in conjunction and end up by seeing
them as more complementary than overlaping.
XSLT is good at defining the structure of what you want to present and CSS
at defining how the result of your XSLT transformation is presented.
That being said, I don't know if it's because of XSLT but I also deplore
the level of support of CSS in browsers (especially IE)!
Eric

--
Freelance consulting and training.
                                            http://dyomedea.com/english/